Customer Experience Specialist
The Customer Experience Specialist will be responsible for overseeing the complaints process, resolving customer issues via appropriate channels, and obtaining customer feedback. This position is responsible for performing tasks that ensure BJCTA complies with the Federal Transit Authority regulations for handling and managing complaints. Responsibilities include documenting, processing, and ensuring complaints are properly closed. This position is responsible for maintaining positive customer relationships with BJCTA’s internal and external partners. Additionally, the Customer Experience Analyst collaborates with crossfunctional teams to deliver and support end -to-end customer experience goals, quality assurance, programs, and practices across the organization.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Finds solutions and provides outstanding customer experience to our partners/customers.
2. Communicates with external and internal customers through various channels (phone, email, and letters) maintaining a positive, empathetic, and professional attitude at all times.
3. Ability to ask probing questions to understand concerns and overcome objections.
4. Document complaints in complaint handling system.
5. Ensure complaints are closed out in a timely manner.
6. Recommend and implement improvements to the complaints process to improve efficiency and handling of complaint data.
7. Responds promptly and accurately to customer inquiries and ensuring complaints are properly handled and closed.
8. Implement workflow for quality inspection of customer facing staff to ensure exceptional customer service.
9. Maintain and develop internal support and quality standards.
10. Recommend solutions and assist with improving the quality service of Operations, Customer Care and other customer facing departments.
11. Focus on determining the root cause; selecting and explaining the best solution in appropriate circumstances; following up to ensure timely resolution and to provide the best customer experience.
12. Provides feedback to BJCTA leadership suggesting methods to increase efficiencies and identify areas of opportunity to improve customer satisfaction
13. Follows proper Complaint Process when assisting customers with escalated concerns to resolve.
14. Aptitude for finding innovative solutions and problem-solving complex issues.
15. Able to work effectively and build strong relationships internally and externally to help us deliver great service.
16. Liaising with colleagues and managers to find the best solutions to customers’ issues.
17. Maintaining a polite, helpful, and professional manner at all times.
18. Assists with training.
19. Collaborates with leadership to identify and implement standards that enhance quality and the customer experience.
20. Receives and inputs all customer comments; disseminates to the proper departments for investigations, including preparation of monthly reports.
21. Attend mandatory meetings as assigned.
22. Maintains regular and predictable attendance
23. Ability to complete assigned task in a timely manner and in a constant state of alertness.
24. Must be able to work in a cooperative manner with co-workers and managers.
25. Performs other duties similar in nature and level as assigned.
26. Must understand and follow all safety rules and processes.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, psychology, sociology, or a related field.
Experience: Five years of experience working in a customer-oriented environment preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
1. General knowledge of public information and public relations techniques.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in a clear, concise, professional manner by telephone or in person, projecting a friendly voice while communicating with customers (both internal and external) and/or visitors.
3. Strong work ethic and self-starter, able to effectively manager multiple priorities and adapt to change within a fast-paced business environment.
4. Intellectually curious about our business, our customers and focused on finding the best solutions.
5. Ability to work effectively both independently and as a team member.
6. Careful attention to details and excellent time management skills.
7. Ability to type 55 wpm and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and other standard office equipment.
8. Ability to learn new technology for performance of essential job duties, as required.
9. Ability to establish and maintain harmonious working relationship with others.
10. Wear appropriate clothing and attire consistent with position for a professional appearance to represent the BJCTA.
11. Self-motivated, dependable, and professional person
12. Ability to perform a variety of tasks, effectively manage time and display flexibility to embrace change quick.
13. Excellent written, verbal, and analytical skills.
BJCTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.