REPORTS TO: Manager of Operations
The Micro Transit Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of on-demand transit vehicles. This role serves as a pivotal touchpoint, ensuring a positive experience for every passenger. Work is monitored and reviewed through observation and through passenger response. Positions in this job classification are considered safety sensitive and are subject to drug testing, including random drug screens, in accordance with the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) Drug and Alcohol regulations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Safe Operation: Operate on-demand transit vehicles adhering to all traffic laws and BJCTA policies.
- Customer Service: Provide courteous interactions and assistance to all passengers.
- Route Navigation: Utilize advanced technology for receiving ride requests and navigating optimized routes.
- Vehicle Maintenance: Conduct regular vehicle inspections, reporting any discrepancies immediately.
- Accident Reporting: Adhere to BJCTA protocols in case of accidents, ensuring comprehensive and accurate reportage.
- Collect Fares: Handle passenger fares with integrity, offering assistance when required.
- Training: Attend mandatory training sessions to remain updated on BJCTA's evolving standards.
- Valid driver's license with a commendable driving record.
- Prior professional driving experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Birmingham and Jefferson County areas.
- Pass mandatory screenings, including drug tests and background checks.
- Strong aptitude for customer service and effective communication.
- Basic understanding of vehicle maintenance.
- Ability to sustain prolonged periods of sitting.
- Capable of assisting diverse passengers, including those with mobility challenges.
- Availability for variable shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Adaptability to diverse weather conditions.
The required driver's license for this position is a standard non-CDL license. Must have a good driving record with no more than one (1) moving violation within the last twelve (12) months and have no felony convictions on criminal records.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
At least five (5) years experience of driving a non-commercial vehicle with restrictions.
BJCTA is a Drug-Free/Smoke-Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.