Transit Asset Management Analyst
The Transit Asset Management (TAM) Analyst, reports to the Chief Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, and is responsible for implementing and administering the Transit Asset Management Program for the Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority (BJCTA).
· Ensure compliance with all Transit Asset Management (TAM) federal regulations and monitors and evaluates performance and effectiveness of TAM processes and State of Good Repair activities; develop new processes for identified gaps and make recommendations for improvements.
· Consolidate applicable asset data into a single system inclusive of Rolling stock, Capital Equipment, Facilities, and infrastructure.
· Reassess BJCTA’s TAM Plan relative to best practices, new regulations and evolving trends within the transit industry.
· Develop and maintain a 5-year State of Good Repair project priority list and implement and facilitate updates to the asset management system(s) to meet BJCTA needs.
· Coordinate with internal stakeholders, including Grants, Finance, Operations, Maintenance and Planning departments, to identify appropriate software for asset management systems and integrations with other software needed to support pertinent business processes and coordinate with internal stakeholders to develop and refine asset prioritization model for systematically analyzing and prioritizing BJCTA assets.
· Prepare technical reports, documentation, and trend analysis to support program goals and provide support and coordination for database management.
· Other duties as assigned.
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the knowledge and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position. Development of the required knowledge and abilities is typically obtained through but not limited to:
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Public Administration, Accounting or related field.
· Five (5) years of full-time experience in Asset Management, Project Management, Public Transportation, or maintenance management in a city government.
Asset Management: 5 years (Preferred)
Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
Vendor Management: 5 years (Preferred)
· Asset Management experience is preferred.
· Experience with database software is preferred.
· Knowledge of and skill in the principles and leading practices of asset management including risk management, infrastructure life cycle assessment, business case evaluations, capital planning, and maintenance management are preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $70,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
Schedule: 8 hour shift
Education: Bachelor’s (Required)
Experience:Asset Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Public Transit: 5 years (Preferred)
- Vendor Management: 5 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location