Under general supervision responsible for managing marketing, advertising and promotional activities at a company or organization. Takes steps to measure, enhance, and enrich the position and image of a company through various goals and objectives. Performs various clerical and office tasks and related work as assigned.
1. Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives.
2. Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards;
resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
3. Meets marketing objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances.
4. Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs; developing field sales action plans.
5. Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements; defining market, competitor's share, and competitor's strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
6. Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities; improving product packaging; coordinating new product development.
7. Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits; exploring specific needs; anticipating new opportunities.
8. Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
9. Accomplishes marketing and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Previous management and supervisory experience preferred; must successfully demonstrate knowledge and skill in interpretation of Federal, state and local regulations, and oral and written communication.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year accredited college or university in the field of Marketing, Communications, Media Relations, Public Relations, or related field required. Three (3) years of experience in communications, marketing, media, or a related field.
Knowledge/Skills/Abilities- Language Skills
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization. Bi-lingual skills preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate and percent, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands and fingers, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and
talk or hear. Each employee must be physically able to lift at minimum 20 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work ordinarily performed in a standard office environment, except in those cases which requires work in outside marketing events.
Americans with Disabilities Act
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have a right to request that BJCTA make reasonable accommodations in order to help you accomplish your work, which must still be performed in all its essential functions.
EEO - Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
The Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran’s status, disability status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.
Applicants for this position may be administered a skills and knowledge test.
Receipt by BJCTA of a verified negative drug test result and/or negative breath alcohol test result (<0.02BAC) is required prior to employment. A verified positive drug and/or alcohol test will disqualify an applicant from employment
BJCTA participates in E-Verify.