The purpose of the Internal Auditor position is to monitor and access the operations and records of the Birmingham Jefferson County Transit Authority. Audits, characterized as performance, financial and compliance, or information systems are performed for the purposes of verifying compliance with FTA laws, regulations, and standards. The Internal Auditor functions as a member of the Grant Management/Internal Audit team.
• Monthly and Quarterly Assessments of Areas under the Chief of Staff portfolio.
• Coordination with various departments as it relates to FTA compliance.
• Preparation of Federal Financial Reports.
• Perform grant disbursements.
• Various projects related to assessments of key performance indicators.
• Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of FTA’s Comprehensive Review Guide
• Knowledge of FTA compliance, and regulations.
• Skill in analyzing records, reports, and other business and financial documents.
• Skill in document details and facts pertinent to the audit assignment.
• Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Ability to work effectively as a team member towards department goals.
• Ability to meet deadlines.
• Ability to perform all essential functions of the position.
• Bachelor's degree
• 2 years -3 years in a related role
• Record keeping
• Audit experience
• Financial Recording
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability, you have a right to request that the Authority make reasonable accommodations to help you accomplish your work, which must still be performed in all essential functions.
EEO – EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER M/F/D/V
The Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, veteran’s status, disability status, sexual orientation or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law.