Network Administrator Job
JOB DESCRIPTION Job Title: Network Administrator
Job Posting#: 201607120001
Job Position: 133
Job Class: IT
Job Category: 03
Maintains computing environment by identifying network requirements; installing upgrades; monitoring network performance. Assess the organization’s network and implement hardware and software as needed. Oversee digital security and analyze data to optimize performance of the network. Oversee and troubleshoot LAN and WAN.
Network Administrator Job Responsibilities:
• Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
• Establishes network by evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, goodput, and latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
• Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
• Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
• Prepares users by designing and conducting training programs; providing references and support.
• Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
• Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Network Administrator Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering is needed. A strong understanding of network infrastructure and the ability to administer and troubleshoot network devices. Network Performance Tuning, LAN Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, and Quick Study are required.